What Makes A Mushroom Like Penis Envy Special
So which characteristics qualify a particular mushroom, like Penis Envy, to be considered “majestic”?
Fungus and mushrooms have been mentioned and referenced throughout our history of civilization through ancient cave paintings, manuscripts, and constructs. They continue to be referenced in pop culture, music, movies, and many books. Recent research suggests that Penis Envy and other strains may have beneficial medicinal properties too.
Shrooms are often small and usually have color shades ranging between brown and tan to golden beige. At first glance, mushrooms don’t look particularly significant. In fact, the scientific name roughly translates to “bald head,” befitting their rather plain-looking appearance. But those who’ve ingested it say it changed their world completely.
People commonly mistake mushrooms found in wild for any number of other poisonous fungi. So it’s essential to know the difference and how to identify the shrooms found, especially when looking for the Penis Envy mushroom effects.
The Glory That Is Penis Envy Mushrooms
From a scientific standpoint, Penis Envy mushrooms belong to the fungus family of Hymenogastraceae, with previous affiliations with Stropharia Cubensis. This particular mushroom is collected and grown as an entheogen and recreational drug, despite its difference in legality within many countries.
Admired mycologist, Paul Stamets, calls these mushrooms “the most majestic” because of their beautiful color and transformative properties. They have an easy-to-recognize size and golden color and are characterized by their mutant penis-like appearance. Hence the appropriate name.
The shroom color depends on its hydration level and turns a bluish color when handled due to oxidizing (oxygen exposure).
Penis Envy doesn’t only differ from its relatives in potency but also in appearance. The shrooms are notably larger and thicker, with wider caps as the fungi mature. With true genetics, their bulbous cap sometimes separates from their stem, as observed.
The Penis Envy is a significantly potent mushroom strain known for its effects. These mushrooms have a vast and somewhat limited known history, so the Penis Envy origin is still up for debate.
Reported Penis Envy Mushroom Effects
Amongst mushroom enthusiasts, Penis Envy is an absolute winner for most. Interestingly enough, shrooms are the most popular among people ages 34 and younger.
Those who’ve tried shrooms and have experienced Penis Envy Mushroom effects have reported:
- Hypnagogic Experiences: Greater intensity of emotional experiences, increased introspection, and altered psychological functioning.
- Perceptual Shifts: Changes in perceptual shifts like illusions, synaesthesia, and mixing sensory modalities.
- Visual Perception: Possible changes to visual perception like halos around lights and objects or geometric patterns with closed eyes.
- Personal Perspective: Thoughts and emotions could start to change.
- Emotional Shifts: Stronger emotions ranging from good to bad. Many recommend not resisting these emotions in either direction. Rather let them run their course. Many who report strong negative emotions experience a simultaneous sense of calm and acceptance. They find themselves detached from these emotions, especially if they remind themselves that the emotions are temporary.
For most, the Penis Envy mushroom effects are a long-lasting experience.
A report from data collected in the 2010 NSDUH study shows that, compared to other drugs, hallucinogens—which, according to the NSDUH, include LSD, PCP, peyote, mescaline, mushrooms, and MDMA (ecstasy)—were used by about 1.2% of the population of people 12 years of age and older within the last month.